Kevin Harrington and the “AsSeenOnTV.pro” Team realize the CBD/Hemp explosion is no fad and thankfully, is here to stay and growing exponentially stronger every day. In order to support this growing industry, they have formed a CBD/Hemp Advisory Panel comprised of a prestigious group of leading CBD/hemp experts and “movers and shakers” from a wide range of industries, including:
- Kelly Coughlin – President, Kismet Consumer Product Group
- Darwish Harper – President, Owner Merchant Consultants INC.
- Gerald Klein – Owner, GK Crop Insurance Agency LLC
- Amy McDougal, JD, CCEP – President/CEO, CLEAResources, LLC
- Jim Marty, CPA – CEO and Founder, Bridge West LLC
I recently had the pleasure of attending the celebration of the formation of the CBD Panel and the AsSeenOnTV.pro CBD Market and Pop-Up Event, curated by White Label in SOHO. The setting was perfect – a very beautifully appointed and welcoming loft, aptly named The Space, complete with a flowing chocolate fondue fountain, curated hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, and even a cotton-candy machine — all infused with CDB!
I attended with Jim Marty and we were warmly greeted by Lisa Vrancken, EVP and Douglas Scott, CEO and Partner with Kevin Harrington in AsSeenOnTV.pro. Douglas provided the welcoming remarks and turned the evening over to the panelists, who joined a lively conversation about CBD and the growing industry. Approximately 20 CBD companies participated in the “Meet the Brands” experience and the Summer CBD Market. Lisa
introduced me and Jim to his fellow panelists and the owners of the CBD brands. I was very excited to attend and participate and thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with the wonderful representatives of each CBD brand. To follow are a few take-aways that I would like to share:
– The passion that the CBD owners have for this industry is palpable!
– Each owner told me “their story” and how and why they started their business and why they love doing what they do. They are all excited about their products and could not wait to tell me about them and share them with me and other fortunate attendees.
– Although the origins of their businesses varied, many had common themes and many stemmed from personal experiences, including health and wellness issues. Many were unable to find healthy alternatives to health and wellness challenges and took it upon themselves to develop their own cures. I love learning about the people behind a brand, and really loved their heartfelt stories!
– Each owner was interested in educating me, not selling me, on their products. Again, this demonstrates their passion and long-term commitment to this industry. There is so much to learn about CBD/hemp and it was really exciting and enjoyable to be surrounded by so many professionals with so much expertise and experience.
– To learn more about their products, I asked them about their target markets and the most common answers were health and wellness conscious adults, and several had products in the pet category, which is a significant and fast-growing segment in the marketplace.
– Branding was front and center, and nicely done in terms of packaging and promotions. The owners realize that in a sea of many CBD products, it is beneficial to differentiate themselves.
I also attended the AsSeenOnTV.pro CBD market the day following the VIP Reception and it was another great opportunity to continue my conversations, sample a few more CBD treats, and shop. I am pleased to say that now I am enjoying all of my CBD products!
Another take-away is that with so many CBD products on the market, take your time to research them, educate yourself, and learn more about where and how they are made and distributed. Consider it a trial process as you sample the products and see how they work for you.
Consider what you are trying to improve, solve, or accomplish by taking a product. Then speak with the owners and ask about dosage and determine if their products could be a good fit. Give them feedback and tell them what you liked, and perhaps did not like. Believe me, there are people behind the brands, and they want to hear from you!
Marty commented, “Attending this event reminded me where the cannabis industry was ten years ago. These companies were all only two or three years old and most are still in start-up mode. Many are still pre-revenue. They are very excited about their prospects for the future.”
Overall, attending the Kevin Harrington CBD Panel and the White Label CBD Market Event was an extremely positive experience. I look forward to participating again and sharing more stories about the Panel and the CBD brands!
About Accountants Advisory Group, LLC and The Growth Zone®:
Accountants Advisory Group, LLC is a national and international consulting firm to Public Accounting Firms. The professionals of Accountants Advisory Group consult through practical industry experience, having held executive positions in the Certified Public Accounting industry in the areas of partner governance, practice management, marketing and human capital. To learn more about Accountants Advisory Group, visit https://www.accountantsadvisory.com/. Follow Accountants Advisory Group on LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Growth Zone® is Accountants Advisory Group’s marketing and lead generation program for the cannabis and hemp industries. This turnkey solution is a cost-effective alternative to hiring multi-faceted, expensive marketing professionals, or managing numerous vendor relationships. We understand the fast-growing and ever-changing cannabis and hemp industries. For the past several years, we have assisted CPA firms in developing and implementing successful cannabis and hemp niche practice areas. Our experienced professionals offer a full range of outsourced marketing and practice development services and are well-versed in the cannabis and hemp industries. We work closely with your partners and key staff to deeply understand your firm’s culture, areas of expertise, services, depth of talent, resources, marketplace, budgets, and growth objectives. We develop customized and turnkey services and products to help you develop and implement your firm’s cannabis and hemp industry growth plans and goals. To learn more about the Growth ZoneTM, visit https://www.accountantsadvisory.com/cannabis/. Follow the Growth ZoneTM and connect with Nancy Damato on LinkedIn. The Growth ZoneTM is a USPTO Trademark of Accountants Advisory Group, LLC